Eat, drink and be merry at the Middlesex Mardi Gras
MIDDLESEX—The Middlesex Mardi Gras 2020 will be held from 5-10 p.m. on Saturday, February 29, at Bethpage Camp-Resort near Urbanna.
Here’s the plan:
- Sponsor a table of eight for your company, group, or friends—call the Middlesex YMCA at 804-316-9191.
- Browse the auction items available for your perusal and purchase.
- Enjoy your favorite beverage with hors d’oeuvres such as creole steak etouffee served on an edible spoon and garnished with micro-greens; or spicy shrimp on house-made Ritz crackers with creole spread.
- Then visit the following food stations to dine on mini catfish po boys served with tangy cole slaw and tartar sauce on house-made sourdough baguettes; French Quarter chicken wings served with traditional dirty rice; and, of course, biscuits and Louisiana gumbo.
- If you are still hungry for dessert your choices are individual king cakes and beignets.
After dinner, bid on the many exciting auction items and dance the night away to the music of “En’Novation.”
All proceeds support Middlesex YMCA and Middlesex Kiwanis Club programs that benefit the children in our community.