Cabin Fever Concerts to begin Jan. 31 in Yorktown
York County is excited to release its 2019 Cabin Fever Concert Series lineup—the most eclectic one yet! The six-week series is held Thursday evenings at Riverwalk Landing, inside the Freight Shed. The series kicks off on January 31 and wraps up on March 7. The unique waterfront venue offers spectacular views of the York River and provides an intimate setting for audience members to interact with the artists on stage. Doors open no earlier than 6:30 p.m. and each concert starts promptly at 7 p.m. Seating is limited, so guests are encouraged to arrive early. Coffee and desserts are graciously provided by Carrot Tree—complimentary to all guests in attendance.
This concert series is sponsored by York County and Carrot Tree Kitchens-Yorktown.
• January 31: Caroline Scruggs & the 504 Supreme Trio promises a night of New Orleans style jazz, traditional jazz, and swing. The band’s unique style comes from a wide array of influences from the likes of greats such as Louis Armstrong.
• February 7: Smith-Wade Duo has been playing together for almost 50 years. Deeply rooted in Williamsburg, they are a local favorite performing Rock ‘n Roll favorites.
• February 14: The Mullins Sisters have deep musical roots in the southwest heart of the Appalachian Mountains. They perform everything from traditional country to modern chart toppers, with a pure harmony only sisters can achieve.
• February 21: Hot House Band combines the unique talents of eight local musicians who perform a blend of pop, classic rock, country, blues, jazz, Motown, and rhythm & blues.
• February 28: The Mercy Alliance is an indie-rock trio whose live shows feature great grooves, ear-catching choruses, bold guitar solos, and a passionate, positive vibe.
• March 7: Poisoned Dwarf is a five-piece band that performs traditional Irish music using Uilleann pipes, an Irish flute, whistle, button accordion, fiddle, guitar, banjo, and Bodhran. Expect Irish Jigs, reels and polkas during their toe-tapping performance.